Wings Trust is an abstinence based therapeutic community for people wanting to be abstinent and move from addiction to recovery. We help people get ready for more intensive treatment and integrate them back into the community.
Our Daapanz registered counsellors employ a range of evidenced based models to help enhance participants wellbeing. These include Motivational Enhancement, 12 Step Facilitation, Cognitive Behavioural Approaches , Mindfulness and Te Whare Tapa Wha
Assessments, individual counselling (while in the programme) and support regarding detox pathways are available.
- New Beginnings; what is addiction & how to get the best out of treatment
- Relapse Prevention; lifestyle imbalance, high risk situations, seemingly irrelevant decisions, warning signs and plans to deal with these.
- Emotional Sobriety; the functions of emotion both positive and negative. Developing emotional intelligence. Emotions relationship to addiction.
- Men’s and Women’s Groups; dealing with gender specific issues and dynamics.
- Process Groups; facilitated groups with peers offering feedback and sharing on day to day progress.
- Kapa Haka
- Yoga and community groups, including: 12 step workshops.